Accelerated. Automated. Your Best Defense Against Fraud.
At BFSFCU, we’re serious about protecting you from fraudulent activity on your accounts. That’s why we’ve strengthened our defenses with an automated system that can identify threats faster, notify you sooner, and equip you with the tools you need to take IMMEDIATE action against fraud. The system allows you to receive an automated call that easily walks you through reviewing suspicious activity on your card. In addition, you can sign-up to receive text fraud alerts to a U.S.-based mobile phone.
Here is how our automated system works:
- You do not need to sign up for this service; it is an enhancement to the personal calls you may have received in the past.
- You will receive an automated call to your phone number on record with a pre-recorded, interactive message will notify you of potentially suspicious activity on your account.
- The recording will tell you the last 4 digits of your account – it will never ask you for your entire account number, and up to 5 transactions performed on your account.
- If you do not answer the call, the system will leave you a message. When you return the call, the system will recognize you when you enter the phone number where you received the message and the last four digits of your card number that was referenced in the message.
Text Fraud Alerts
- Sign-up today to receive text fraud alerts regarding suspicious activity on your account.
- Log into Online Banking and select the Self Service menu. Under Account Services, select Credit Card Fraud Alerts follow the steps to complete the registration.
- There, you can review the FAQ’s to learn more about fraud alerts text messages.
Don’t delay — you’ll want to sign up to receive the full benefit of this powerful enhanced automated fraud prevention system.
Members should be aware that, while BFSFCU does monitor fraudulent or suspicious account activity and may proactively contact a member about this activity, we will never call and ask for confidential information such as your entire account number or PIN. Contact 1-800-923-7328 or send us a secure message through Online Banking if you have provided confidential information.